Saturday, June 17, 2017

Picture-Perfect

~Saturday Stories~


Do I look like I know what I’m doing?
They tell me I have more confidence now
When I’ve just become a better actress
It’s fun sometimes to pretend that life’s okay

Other times I just wish no one saw my life
As picture-perfect
Because it’s not even close
And I go to bed praying I don’t wake up


How about you? Have you ever felt that nobody really saw the struggle behind you nice-looking life? Have you given all your cares to the One who will always be there for you? 

2 comments:

  1. Really relate to the first stanza. People tell me often that I look confident, but I have a lot of social anxiety. I really feel like I've just become a better actress as I've gotten older. :p And, though I don't remember as often as I should, remembering to rely on my Savior. :)


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexa, thanks for sharing! It's really weird when people mistake acting confident with being confident, and I'm glad that our Savior has helped you through some of those times!

      Delete