Saturday, June 24, 2017

God makes the call

~Saturday Stories~


“I don’t want you to get hurt,” I repeated. ...
 “Me neither.” He started up the stairs. “But God gets to make the call on that one. Not you. Not me.” -Heather and Bryce, Counted Worthy

"...it starts with trusting that you don't know everything. That God does. That His decisions are better than yours, even when they hurt. You do that for a while, and you realize that regardless of what He allows, God's our best hope. Our only hope." -Jake, Angel Eyes



"Just remember that, no matter how dark life becomes, there will always be a reason to hang on 'til tomorrow. ... Always." -Cassie's grandpa, Unwritten Melody

How about you? Have you experienced hurt lately? Have you had a time when it was hard to trust God's choices? Would you mind sharing? 

2 comments:

  1. Haven't read these books, but I love the quotes you picked. <3 I'm going to have to look into these.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And please do check them out! I especially loved "Angel Eyes." It was one of those novels that was really really hard to put down. :)

      Delete