Saturday, September 10, 2016

Being nice while being honest

~Saturday Stories~


Sometimes we just want to
Drop the mask that says we're all alright
But we do it in a way
That shows everyone that
We're ticked off
We're #nofilter
In the ugliest way
But we justify ourselves
By "just being honest"
Seriously?
If we can't be nice when we're honest
Perhaps we should keep the happy mask on
Or if we want to be true
Can we not hurt anyone in the process?



"“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”" John 13:34-35 (NIV)

Sorry to everyone I've hurt lately.

How about you? Are you ever rude to people that are near to you? 

2 comments:

  1. I can really relate to this. I tend to be overly 'honest' to a hurtful point. I have to actively work every day at making sure I'm not saying things that would hurt people. It's been espechilly hard lately. I'm grateful to a God that is so forgiving towards me.
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, God is so amazing in His forgiveness! I'm so glad you're working on it. I am too - or at least I try to. :)

      Delete