Saturday, January 16, 2016

Faded Denim by Melody Carlson

~Saturday Stories~


I have had the pleasure of having my book review also posted on the online magazine Pursue.

Typical Emily: "But here's what totally rocks - I feel powerful. As I'm working out, and really going hard at it, I feel like I finally have some control over my life. ... And, I realize as I'm jogging on the treadmill, this is just the beginning."

For a while, Emily has been gaining weight. But that's about to stop. Her best friend Leah, a beautiful, thin girl, is trying to help her out. She encourages Emily to eat healthy, exercise, and drink water. But that's not working fast enough. So Emily resorts to more drastic measures. Will she realize just how far she's taking it before it's too late?

Anorexia nervosa is real. Trying to be thin is a problem many girls face. Craving good looks is just one of the causes of both anorexia and bulimia. Find out more about both anorexia and bulimia.

Faded Denim: Color Me Trapped is an interesting read, filled with truths about God. It addresses the problem of thinking more about outward looks than spiritual growth.

This is the 9th book in the True Colors series. The rest are Dark Blue: Color Me LonelyDeep Green: Color Me JealousTorch Red: Color Me TornPitch Black: Color Me LostBurnt Orange: Color Me WastedFool's Gold: Color Me ConsumedBlade Silver: Color Me ScarredBitter Rose: Color Me CrushedBright Purple: Color Me ConfusedMoon White: Color Me Enchanted, and Harsh Pink: Color Me Burned.

For more on Melody Carlson, visit her website and Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment