Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Not an exception

~Tuesday Thoughts~


"Do everything in love." 1 Corinthians 16:14 (NIV)

How often do we find excuses for this? How easy is it to think that our situation is so hard that this doesn't apply? That other stuff doesn't apply?

Nowhere in the Bible is it said, "Love always but if you're the new kid at school you can take a break." Or "love always but if you're being bullied, then you don't have to." Or even "love always but if you're being killed, you can hate the guy/gal."

Love is a VERY important thing and we, no matter how hard our situations, shouldn't take a break from expressing it.

"I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
"We love because he first loved us." 1 John 4:19 (NIV)

2 comments:

  1. As always, I appreciate your insight! You're so right on track with this! I don't always read the whole post, just what's on FB, but this title drew me in and begged me to read the whole post! :-)

    ReplyDelete