Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Are we ashamed?

~Tuesday Thoughts~


"Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels." Luke 9:26 (NIV)

"Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue; for they loved human praise more than praise from God."John 12:42-43 (NIV)

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile." Romans 1:16 (NIV)

"So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God." 2 Timothy 1:8 (NIV)



Sometimes we are scared to say that we are Christians, that we follow Christ. We try to avoid the topic and we start talking about all sorts of things just to postpone – or avoid – the “and, um, well... I'm a Christian.”

I'm not saying everybody does that. And I'm not saying we do that all that time. But it can be easy to not speak about God and it can be hard to dive into a conversation that is fully centered on God and how awesome He is and the many great things He has done.

Let us pray God gives us the courage to speak to others about Him!!!

How about you? Are you sometimes scared to talk about God? When was a time you spoke about Him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment