Monday, March 9, 2015

Lord, I'm ready now

~Monday Movies & Music~


"Lord, I'm Ready Now"  is a song by Plumb. Here are the lyrics.

Like Jonah, we sometimes try to run from God, thinking that will somehow be smarter or safer or something. There are at least two problems with that:

1. God loves us and has the best planned for us. 

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose."Romans 8:28 (NIV)

No point in running away from the best life we could ever have and the best Gift we could ever have.

2. God is with us everywhere.

  "You hem me in behind and before,
    and you lay your hand upon me.
  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
  Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
  If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
  If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
   even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
   If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
   even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you." Psalm 139:5-12 (NIV)

There is absolutely nowhere you can go to run away from Him - no matter how hard we try. 

Let's not try running away from God, but instead run toward Him.

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Good thoughts! I enjoyed reading it. I love this psalm and the song we sing at church based on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad you enioyed it. :) I don't remember the song, but I do likethe psalm- and the fact that God is with us everywhere. It's an awesome truth!

      Delete