Tuesday, January 13, 2015

4 ways to learn to be content

~Tuesday Thoughts~


"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Philippians 4:11-12 (NIV)

Being content is hard. In this world of advertisements, TV, and Internet we constantly come up wanting more and more. 

But being content is worth the effort. 

What are some ways to help ourselves be content? 

1. List the spiritual blessings God has given you. He has saved you! He has redeemed you! You are His child! As you read and reread the Bible you'll find more and more of these. 

2. List the big blessings in your life: your family, your talents, your aspirations, etc. As new things come up, add them to the list. 

3. List the day-to-day blessings God has presented you with. Whether it's a trip to Burger King or your first on-stage thing ever write it down. I use the calendar on my phone for that. Looking back, it's neat to see all the small things that have happened.

4. List the hard times in your lives that God has used to teach you or strengthen you.

God has blessed you, child of the King!!! Let us remember His love!

How about you? Do you know of more ways that encourage contentment in your life?  

No comments:

Post a Comment