Tuesday, September 16, 2014

When life goes hectic

~Tuesday Thoughts~ 


There are times when life can seem out of control. Complicated. Unpredictable. Unstable. Lonely. Purposeless. Hard. 

What can we do when all we can think about is how to survive the day without having another breakdown? Here are a few ideas: 

1. Pray. Even if it's just "this doesn't make SENSE, Lord". It helps.

2. Find and read a Bible translation that speaks to you. For me, I'm somewhat interested in The Message version, which speaks in a more modern way. 

3. Call/email/skype a good friend. Tell them what's going on and ask them to pray. I have an awesome friend who is a great support when I'm having problems. If you don't have a friend like that, comment on this blog and I'll answer as best I can. 

4. Find a mentor. For me, Nancy Rue is that mentor, even though we've never met each other or even emailed back and forth. I just read her books and blog posts and that can be so awesome.

How about you? Do you experience hard moments like that? What ideas can you share on how to overcome them? 

God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment