Friday, July 25, 2014

Achievement

~Friday for Friends~


Continuing the Friday for Friends post series, we have the word "achievement". Webster's 1993 dictionary defines it "something achieved by work, courage, or skill".

We tend to think of friendships as something fun and light-hearted. But real friendships take more than a little work.

We work to forgive. We help our friend stand up when life's hard. We write back and forth when he/she is far away. We make time for each other. We say "hey, I'm here" when our friends need it.

Friendship is work. But it's worth it.

Consider what Jesus did. He gave up His life so we -everyone- can come to Him. And now we are friends with our Maker. How amazing is that?

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (NIV)

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:15 (NIV)

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a blog award http://butterfliesoftheimagination.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/two-blog-awards-the-sunshine-award-and-the-very-inspiring-blogger-award/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! I'll try to do it this or next week.

    ReplyDelete