~Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
~List 11 facts about yourself.
~Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
~Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
~Ask them 11 questions.
~Let them know about the nomination.
11 facts about me:
2. I love soccer. Why? Because it’s just the greatest game ever! I love running, stealing the ball, passing, scoring. The part I don’t like is the goal-keeping, so I don’t do that often. :)
3. I've recently found out that Plus One, who apparently dis-banded in 2004 are banding up again. They have this great song, My All, which you can get just for ‘liking’ their facebook page.
4. My favorite genre is contemporary. Most fiction that I read is in that genre and I write in it too.
5. And speaking of books, Nancy Rue and Krista McGee are my favorite authors. Krista’s last book in the trilogy Anomaly is releasing in July and I'm really looking forward to reading it. Nancy has written about a billion books (well, almost) and she’s amazing at telling stories.
6. We live near a national park, which consists of a pretty big forest (mostly pine trees). I tend to take it for granted, but it’s really pretty beautiful.
7. Last year I rode 1500 km on my bike.
8. I'm thinking about being a literary agent or editor when I grow up (as well as a writer). Emphasis on the ‘thinking’.
9. I'm going to be helping in a camp for 11-15-year-olds this July. I’m pretty excited, but kind of scared too.
10. A bee stung me on the nose the Tuesday before last. I looked awful!
11. We don’t have a TV in our house. And, yep, we survive.
My answers to Athelas’s 11 questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
This sounds awful, I know, but I started blogging mostly to build a platform. You know, build a platform before you have anything to say? Getting my name recognizable? Sounds awful, but I'm hoping this blog will be so much more. Actually, I think it probably already is.
2. Who are your favorite three fictional characters?
Hmmmm…. I love Thalli from Krista McGee’s Anomaly trilogy. Kara in Krista McGee’s book Starring Me is pretty fun. And maybe Cassidy in Nancy Rue’s Tournaments, Cocoa and One Wrong Move. Is it obvious who my favorite authors are or what?
3. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever been?
I really don’t know. The mountains are pretty cool, I guess.
4. If your home was going to burn to the ground and any people and animals were safe, what one thing would you grab?
Dad’s computer. It probably has a trillion things on it and I'm guessing we would need those trillion things.
5. Do you prefer the sun or the moon?
Sun? I don’t think I've ever thought about it.
6. Do you have a favorite Bible verse?
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Maybe 2 Corinthians 4:1. (NIV)
Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.
7. Do you speak any second languages?
Actually, English is my second language. I mean, I speak it well, I just speak Russian better. I also speak a bit of Tatar.
8. What makes you cry in fiction? (Do you cry at fiction?)
Probably when the teenager is confronting the parent and saying things like “you’ve never had time for me”. Not in an angry the-world-revolves-around-me attitude, but out of true bitterness.
9. Who is your favorite historical figure?
Probably Abraham Lincoln.
10. (Just as a random question…) Describe your floor.
My floor? Well, in the room I share with my sisters, we have brown diamond-patterned linoleum.
11. What is the skill you’re the most proud of?
Writing? Or soccer. Or studying well. I don’t know.
9 bloggers I nominate:
1. Jamie @ CTFdevourer
2. Linsey Z. @ Books for Christian Girls
3. Skyeler at Beautiful Mess
4. Elizabeth Sullivan @ Everlasting Hope
5. Abrielle Lindsay (aka TW Wright) @ Lay Me Down
6. Anastasia Cross @ Inkspot Writer
7. Noe’mie @ Seeking Jesus
8. Brittney at @ Daughter of the King
9. Naomi @ Naomiandbooks
11 questions for the bloggers:
1. What time of day do you look forward to most?
2. What’s your favorite genre in fiction?
3. What sport do you like most, if any?
4. What’s the funniest thing you heard (or did) today?
5. Do you/did you like being a teenager?
6. Who is your favorite author?
7. Do you play any musical instruments?
8. How many hours a week do you spend in front of the computer (approximately)?
9. Do you believe music relieves stress? Do books do a better job?
10. What’s your favorite color?
11. You’ve been given three work-free child-free chore-free study-free hours. What are you going to do?