Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Trials

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
James 1:2-3

 Do we do that? Do we consider trials a joy? Do we say "Yes! Just what I wanted" when hard times come? Are we glad that we get a chance to develop our perseverance?

Uh, no. Not me, at least. I whine and complain about a billion things, and those can hardly be considered real trials. They are mostly just inconveniences, small everyday problems.

But there are countries out there where Christians are experiencing real trials. Real persecution for their faith. Real danger. And I can hardly take inconveniences. :( I need to ask God to help me work on that. Do you?

Let's pray that God gives us the strength -and the joy- with which to overcome trials when they do come. Because I'm guessing, they'll come to everyone. We just need to trust Him to help us though it. And He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment