Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Throwing Stones by Stephanie Morrill

 Typical Abbie -There it is. My breathing hitches for just a second. It doesn’t do me or Owen any favors if I’m snotty. “Actually, I am Owen’s mother."

 Throwing Stones is a novella that gives one a better understanding of what goes on in a young mother's heart. Being twenty and having a kindergartener isn't easy for Abbie Hoyt. She can feel the stares of disapproval and the tension between herself and the 'normal' mothers. She feels alone - totally and completely alone. And though there's Chris, she knows he deserves so much more...

  Abbie is a realistic character, with whom many can find a connection. I loved the way she talked with herself while talking with others, trying to control her words. Can I just say it didn't always work? And Owen, the kid, is absolutely cute!

 There are two things that I would really like if they had been there. More description, for one. Sometimes I felt like I had to use my imagination too much. And, much more importantly, more about God. There were a few mentions of Him and I suspect an analogy, but that's basically it. I would really enjoyed more about Him.

 This book is free in PDF format on Stephanie Morrill's blog. Go grab a copy! Here is Stephanie Morrill's facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment