Tuesday, January 21, 2014

God's gift for everyone

OK, I (finally) got it. I'll try and post here Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Maybe Sunday too if I feel inspired. :)

Today during my Bible reading I read about how Peter explained to the Jewish believers why he went into a non-Jew's house and told the Gospel there (Acts 11:1-18).God had picked the Jews among the other nations years ago and now "the circumcised believers criticized [Peter] and said, "You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them."(Acts 11:2b-3) His answer to them is pretty amazing, I think.
“...the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning...  So if God gave them the same gift he gave us who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could stand in God’s way?” (Acts 11:15b, 17)

I am so, so glad that we, the non-Jews, can also have God's wonderful gift: the forgiveness of sins and eternal life with Him.

How about you? What have you been reading in the Bible? What stood out to you? Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment