Tuesday, January 28, 2014

God has plans for all of us

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I need to remember that God has plans for me, good plans. I was stressed on Monday because my parents brought up the ACT and another pretty big test (that I have to take this year). I'm still a sophomore, but... it gets stressful. Here's my one-sided point of view (my parents would probably say something completely different): I feel like I have to do perfectly and that requires lots of studying. I wonder if I'll ever get another free minute or not until I pass the test. I cry because I feel like too much is being asked of me. Then I sit there feeling not-so-smart to say the least, as my dad lectures me on how there will be more tests in my life and I need to get ready and not cry. I try to stop my tears. I get annoyed that Mom and Dad say they'll help, although before they didn't follow up too well on promises like that. I try to not go crazy when I learn that there's trigonometry or whatever on the ACT. Then I go to my room. I sit down feeling useless. I enjoy making a schedule for studying (I just like planning things like that).I try to not think about how much work I'll have to do on later days. I sigh.

Guess what I forgot? That God will be with me. Through the whole process. I am not alone and He will give me strength.

How about you? Has something stressed you lately? Did you remember that you are not alone or did you get all those emotions boiling before you remembered? Please comment.

2 comments:

  1. You too, huh? Amazing. We must be related. But, even with stress setting in, you manged to keep your social life running *guilty look*.

    My emotions always start boiling, regardless of whether I remember right away or not (it does help to reember earlier, but alas). It's wierd how weak and weepy I feel. I mean, my mom was in high school, on yearbook staff, getting great grades, living on welfare, holding up a job and staying up way late keeping everything running when she was my age, and I'm like: "School! Gahh! I'm doomed!" *facepalm* so. I need to work on remembering what you are working on remembering: that God is with us and He'lll use our non-math-inclined selves for His glory and kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at your mom. :)
    Sometimes I wonder how I'll ever manage college. :)
    Do you ever feel guilty of not doing enough? Like allowing yourself too much free time when you could spend it studying? I have that sometimes. :(

    ReplyDelete