Saturday, May 3, 2014

Luminary by Krista McGee

Typical Thalli: I smile to myself as I realize I feel less and less a part of the State. That Thalli from the State is disappearing, being made into Thalli from New Hope.

Forty years ago there was a nuclear war. The ten scientists who were thought to be the only survivors have maintained an emotion-free world underground. Thalli is an anomaly. She was scheduled for annihilation, but with her friends she escaped. But is there any point? Is there any life above-ground and if there is, will the people be friendly?


Krista McGee is a wonderful author. I'm surprised again by the number of plot twists in her books. Another great thing: Thalli matures so much in Luminary. She learns to trust the Designer whatever the situation.

One thing, though, I would love if Krista McGee changed is the amount of “telling” in the story. Instead of “he was angry” I’d love to see his fists clenching, his eyes turning red, his feet stomping. But again, the plot twists make up for that and go beyond. I recommend this to any Christian reader and lover of science fiction. And if you’re new to the genre, like me, you might just love it anyway.

This is the second book in the Anomaly trilogy. The first one is Anomaly and the third, Revolutionary, is coming in July. I can't wait!

For more on Krista McGee, visit her website and facebook page.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Sounds like a good book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, as are Krista McGee's other books. :) Have you read any of hers?

      Delete