Saturday, April 26, 2014

"Thankful April" project

List #4

As I mentioned on April 1st, I am trying to be thankful this month. It's really pretty cool! You can join me if you want. Here's the info about the "Thankful April" project and here's list #1list #2 and list #3. This is my list for April 20th-26th.

20) Thank you, God, for:
  • reading about His resurrection 
  • sending texts to friends, teachers and relatives 
  • memorizing my lines
  • practicing the skit at home and in the car 
  • saying "Christ is risen!" to a neighbor kid
  • performing the skit 
  • a new stage in church 
  • more people in church than usual (I think) 
  • a sermon on Mathew 27-28
  • taking pictures in church a little 
  • walking home from the bus stop
  • ice creams on a hot day
  • a beautiful dress
  • continuing to read a great book
  • baking a cake 
  • eating the cake with family 
  • watching a movie about Jesus 
  • not going to school tomorrow 
  • hearing two young girls (sisters) play on the  piano well 
  • HIS RESURRECTION!

21) Thank you, God, for: 
  • hunting for Easter eggs
  • playing with my brother 
  • skipping school
  • getting a legal thing done faster than we thought
  • watching "who's on first" and other Abbott and Costello videos 
  • looking at information about colleges 
  • finishing at looking at them for the day
  • getting something in the mail 
  • taking a bath 
  • finishing homework 
  • checking my results for a practice ACT-science  
  • seeing that I got more than half of it 
  • singing to myself 
  • finishing a lesson 
  • milkshakes
  • new bookshelves in our room
  • writing a letter 
  • getting an interesting assignment 
  • finishing the dishes 
  • sharing food
  • a chance to give tomorrow

22) Thank you, God, for:
  • sorting through stuff I can give
  • checking email 
  • it being quieter than usual in class 
  • writing an email to a friend 
  • finding the "who's on first?" script 
  • practicing it with my brother 
  • no homework in math
  • being finished with school 
  • homemade chips 
  • waiting for soccer 
  • watching Abbott and Costello with siblings 
  • finally finding scripts  
  • having more time to do stuff than I thought I would have 
  • soup 
  • reading a winner's entry on a goteenwriters' contest 
  • making an outline for my story 
  • brainstorming with my sister about something she might write 
  • cross-stitching
  • Christian music 
  • feeding my youngest brother 
  • reading 
  • planning something for tomorrow

23) Thank you, God, for:
  • taking notes from a book
  • learning about a flash fiction contest 
  • being able to not skip P. E.
  • a math tutorial 
  • geography class ending 
  • interesting discussions in biology class
  • resting a little after school 
  • reading an interesting blog post
  • checking out a couple blogs
  • reading" Who's on first?" to Mom
  • dreaming about a country I'd love to be in
  • learning about World Book Night
  • feeling better than in the morning 
  • book reviews of a friend
  • memorizing a bit of "Who's on first?" with my brother 
  • laughing with a classmate 
  • discussing poetry with my siblings 
  • Dad getting back safely
  • lots and lots of new hangers
  • having a writing question answered
  • singing while washing dishes
  • Mom (with me) driving someone to their destination  :)
  • planning to hang up clothes tomorrow

24) Thank you, God, for:
  • starting to hang up clothes on new hangers
  • doing a hard assignment in math 
  • laughing a lot with a friend 
  • Dad helping me with math a bit
  • playing basketball in P.E.
  • writing a blog post
  • sharing it
  • seeing chickens running (from the window)
  • getting homework done early 
  • listening to Christian music while working on the computer 
  • taking a typing speed test
  • getting better results the second time
  • spending time with my youngest  brother 
  • doing an interesting project 
  • finally finishing that project 
  • reading an interesting blog post
  • Dad and Mom leading a seminar 
  • them getting back safely 
  • a more or less quiet afternoon 
  • sharing a friend's blog
  • eating a cake my brother made
  • practicing a skit with another brother 
  • waiting for soccer tomorrow
  • reading an interesting writing contest entry

25) Thank you, God, for:
  • finishing hanging up clothes 
  • being safe 
  • spending time with a friend 
  • a car
  • looking for interesting blogs
  • reading about soccer 
  • scoring my practice ACT 
  • watching home videos 
  • taking a bath 
  • reading a blog post on writing 
  • dreaming about that country I'd love to be in
  • writing 
  • trying present tense in my story 
  • learning that Dad and Mom and two of my siblings are headed back from their little trip
  • a friend helping me out 
  • practicing the skit with my brother 
  • watching a children's movie
  • an email from a friend 
  • helping my youngest brother take a bath 
  • no school tomorrow 
  • reading a very interesting book
  • God being in control over everything 
  • a bed to crash in
  • safe travel 
  • getting a comment on my blog post

26) Thank you, God, for:
  • reading about talents in the Bible
  • looking at blogs
  • following some of them 
  • no school 
  • Dad and Mom counseling someone
  • making an account on a website about colleges 
  • taking a few tests there 
  • telling my brother some of my thoughts about maybe becoming a literary agent
  • looking again at Abbott and Costello videos 
  • going to the store with my brother 
  • doing a bunch of math problems on my own 
  • Kentucky fried chicken
  • taking our time in the restaurant
  • practicing skits with family 
  • laughing with a brother 
  • contacts 
  • spending time with my youngest brother 
  • reading that good book
  • chocolate
  • talking about books with Dad
  • reading about the writer's work 
  • siblings playing with balloons 
  • wavy brown hair and blue eyes
  • some quiet time while others watched a movie 
  • buying a few classics 
  • writing a blog post on family 


What have you been thankful for this week? Share in the comments. I'd love to hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment